Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The True Recipient


And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?"
Exodus 15:24 (NKJV)

In this, the first of many complaints made by the Israelites, we see dissatisfaction not only with Moses, but ultimately with God Himself.

It's so easy to criticize the Israelites. We clearly see that the Lord is with them when they leave Egypt. It's not so easy to see the same Presence in our own lives, day in and day out.

When I inwardly complain that we can't afford to fix this thing or that around our house, I am, in reality, complaining about God's providence in my life. I need to remember His blessings and mercy instead.

Lord, help me to be more appreciative of Your provision, blessings, and mercy.

(Note about the picture above: Moses threw a "tree" into the water to make it sweet in Exodus 15:25, but I didn't find any pictures showing that. He actually doesn't hit the rock with his staff until later.)

No comments: