Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WWGWD?



What Would George Washington Do?

I don't think he'd push for government run health care. Or Cash for Clunkers.

Maybe this will help you to feel a little better about our current congress.

"From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.
They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
'Peace, peace,' they say,
when there is no peace.
Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct?
No, they have no shame at all'
they do not even know how to blush.
So they will fall among the fallen;
they will be brought down when I punish them."

Jeremiah 6: 13-15 NIV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your GW posts are interesting to me. He's the founding father with whom I most identify (but I'm no history buff). In the wintertime, we sometimes go and walk at Mount Vernon. And each night I pray his prayer for our nation: George Washington's Prayer.

I'll be back to read more when dinner isn't waiting...:-)

Deb said...

I, too, prefer GW to all other presidents. In my limited study of him, I've tried to piece together what he must have really been like.

When he wrote (Day 1 of your link), "...that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government," I thought to myself how that becomes more and more impossible each passing day!