Monday, March 05, 2007

No Wasted Words


I'm a little numb. This school year has been the "Year of Hospitals" for our family. Our son was in the hospital for three and a half weeks in the fall. My mother was in the hospital for three weeks in December. Then, she was very recently hospitalized again for a week and a half. A brief spell in the ER where she stopped breathing was quite sobering. She is now being treated for pneumonia and an as yet undetermined lung ailment.

My mother is not a Christian and I pray continually for her salvation. Every day that I have her in this world is a gift. She let me pray for her every night as I "tucked her in" before I left the hospital. I always reflected how inadequate were my prayers.

I recently read in Numbers about God giving Moses and Aaron the exact specifications regarding the arrangement of the tribal camps.

On the east, toward the sunrise, the divisions of the camp of Judah are to encamp under their standard.
Numbers 2:3a


I believe there are no wasted words in the Bible and that the Old Testament points toward our Savior far more often than we observe. Could God have been preparing the Israelites for the sunrise that would illuminate the empty tomb? May my own speech have no wasted words, and point towards my Savior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb

We will be praying for your mother.

Deb said...

Scott,
Thank you so much for your prayers. You are helping to lift the burden that weighs heavily on my heart.
Our best to you and your family.