Monday, June 18, 2007

"Praise My Soul"




This was our processional hymn in church yesterday. What words of wisdom are tucked away in this hymn! I know that long posts can become tedious, so I'll just share a few nuggets. Go here to read all five stanzas and listen to the music.






Praise, my soul, the King of Heaven;
To His feet thy tribute bring.
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Evermore His praises sing:
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Praise the everlasting King.


The third line of the first stanza gives us enough to ponder for an entire lifetime. We are ransomed, healed, restored, and forgiven. Rereading those four words helped me to more fully grasp their weight.

Verse two tells us that He is slow to chide, and swift to bless.
Oh, that we could always be like that with our children. How easy it is to be swift to chide and slow to bless.

Lord, help me to truly grasp what You have done in my life. Give me the wisdom and strength to forgive others as I have been forgiven.

No comments: