Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Men in My Life


On this Father's Day, I have been thinking of the men in my life.

One great grandfather taught me left from right.

Another great grandfather bought his bride-to-be a beautiful watch for Christmas in 1901, which I now have and cherish.

My maternal grandfather opened up the world of flowers to me.

My paternal grandfather taught me that bigger is not always better when it comes to gifts.

My dad taught me to appreciate music, art, history, conversation, and the Western sky.

My husband made me his bride twenty-eight years ago, and now travels the road of parenting with me.

Our son daily shows me true examples of patience and forgiveness.

My heavenly Father perfectly loves imperfect me, and patiently guides my stumblings and gropings.

I would not be me without the men in my life. Happy Father's Day to you all!

(note: The old men in the photo are not related to me in any way and are not to be confused with the men mentioned in my post!)

No comments: