Monday, July 28, 2008

My New Career.....Midwife


If you have ever taken the time to look at the blogs I link on the right hand sidebar, you will notice that most of them are written by Christian agrarians. Believers who are making their living off their own land, using their own hands. When I first started writing in this little corner of blogdom, I hadn't stumbled upon these blogs just yet. But I have been, for a long time, a suburban gal who wished she lived in the country or a little town.

I don't even remember how I first found these blogs, but one led to another which led to another. I now regularly peruse Scott's blog in upstate New York, I find others through his links, I read Northern Farmer whose writing reminds me so much of our cattle rancher friend here in Colorado, I read what the faithful saints are doing in Missouri, others in central Texas, a family in Canada, a family in Idaho, and a mama in Tennessee with her three boys.

It was the family in Tennessee who asked for ideas for a new name for their farm. I submitted an idea, and with some tweaking, they used it! Me, who has never given birth, has now helped birth a new name for an entire farm! Now, how cool is that?! My grandfather would have been proud!

(I stole this picture from the Tennessee Farmgirl blog. It's of her three boys after a hard day's work.)

No comments: