Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Sunday in Advent - 2009


Thoughts from The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis.
The Third Book - Chapter 1 - Of the Inward Voice of Christ to the Faithful Soul


"Blessed are the ears which receive the echoes of the soft whisper of God, and turn not aside to the whisperings of this world."

"Blessed are they who long to have leisure for God, and free themselves from every hindrance of the world."

"Put away thee all transitory things, seek those things that are eternal."

Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me. I am clinging to Your promise even now. May I not be hindered by this world, but seek Your face alone, and expectantly wait for You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Deb. This really speaks to me.

Deb said...

I'm glad, Josie. This has been the most difficult month of my life. I would covet your prayers.