Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day


My husband and I played a Fourth of July concert this evening. After being rained out 20 minutes into the concert, and packing up our instruments, we slogged through the pouring rain with our two children in tow. As I became soaked to the skin, I thought of the brave men (and women) who have protected and served our country in the military. They have walked, slept, and fought in weather so much worse than I experienced this evening. God bless each and every one of them!

In commemoration of this historic day, I share the last sentence of the Declaration of Independence, which I find quite powerful. It reads:

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.


Go to U.S.History.org to see more than you ever wanted to know about the Declaration of Independence.

(The above photo comes from this website with free computer wallpapers.)

No comments: