Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Twister that Wasn't




My soul finds rest in God alone...

So begins Psalm 62. David surely knew about the comfort of rest in God during times of trial.

I was weary. I needed rest. So I figured our daughter did too. I read a lot about adoption, attachment disorder, and loss last night. Today whenever I saw a tantrum coming, I picked her up and held her or rocked her. (Thankfully, she's small for ten years old.) I lost track of how many times this scenario was repeated, but it was successful. For the first time in a long while we made it through the day without any tantrums. Praise God!

She liked my analogy of a tornado. I said she could have that baby funnel creep out of the clouds, but it wasn't to touch the ground. We were going to let God draw it back up into the clouds. And under no circumstances could it bounce around on the ground and cause destruction in its wake.

Thank you, Lord, for your rest today.

No comments: