Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Why Blog?


I often ask myself this question. I first started this blog when we were looking for a new church home. Tired of the steady diet of praise songs, I was desperate to sing real hymns. My very first post was a hymn. Now my blog has become mostly a journal for myself, I suppose.

But tonight it helped our daughter to fall asleep. She's been going through some rough times lately. She has a lot of confusion about how her birthmother fits into her history, and right now most of her thinking comes out as anger. Tonight she was questioning God's love for her, so I listed some of the prayers He's answered. There was one I was trying to recall, and then I remembered that I had blogged about it, so I showed the entry to our daughter. She loved reading about herself, and her memory was jogged about the particular answer to prayer. Instead of anger, her face now shone with contentment and peace.

My lame scratching out of these posts has helped her to see God's care for her. If that's all my blog is ever good for, it's been worth it!

(Note about the picture above. I found it when I did a search for pictures about prayer. Since it looks almost like the person could be typing at a computer, too, I thought it was appropriate on both counts.)

No comments: