Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fear Ye Not


Last evening at dinner my husband said, "One week from now, we'll know who the next president will be." Kinda scary. And sobering.

I read these verses recently, and decided they could help me pray for our country and the election. I often feel like our country is a mere shadow of her former self, and I fear that it will only get worse. But I figure these verses apply to me, too, and that gives me hope.

I'm going to remind myself to be strong, to remember that God is with me, and not to fear.

3Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

4Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:

5According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.

Haggai 2: 3-5 (KJV)

(The photo of the ruins are from this free website.)

No comments: