Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Blue, This Time


I voted and all it got me was a free Chai at Starbucks.

I saw my formerly red state sitting there on the map. Blue, this time.

I saw the tears in Chicago. I can't seem to shed any of my own. And if I did, it'd be for a different reason anyway.

I strolled around my favorite blogs. It helped to commiserate that way. This post at Blog and Mablog is worth reading if you feel so inclined.

You know, I suppose I got more than a free Chai. I exercised my freedom to speak my mind. That's very important. I was an example for my children. That's very important, too. And tomorrow I'll tell them, quoting Doug Wilson, "God is still Father, Christ is still at His right hand, and the Holy Spirit is still abroad in the world, recreating that world according to the image of Christ. When the nations conspire against Him, He laughs at them." (Go to the link above to read more election day thoughts from Pastor Wilson.)

No comments: