Sunday, November 09, 2008

Cheer Up!


I am still grieving the outcome of Tuesday's election. Not that I was wild about McCain. I wasn't. I just can't believe that so many people would think it's OK to vote for someone who promised to make it a priority to make it easier to kill unborn babies. Even the ones who lived through an abortion. That alone is chilling. And don't get me started on the myriad of other problems with Obama.

This comment from a reader at Blog and Mablog (see sidebar) really cheered me up.

May it do the same for you!

It has been pointed out several times on this blog (quite rightly) that the answer is in Christ, not in politics, and that the solution is to begin with right worship to the Living God. But at some point, the leaven permeates the actual government. At some point, the solution can be seen to have taken affect politically. So how does it get from point A to point B?

If right worship is the first domino, perhaps local politics (and I mean really local) is the third or forth domino. When the leaves wilt, you water the roots, not the leaves -- and then the leaves are rejuvinated.

So perhaps, as we begin to get our churches in order, and our houses in order, we should next seek to get our towns and cities in order, with a long view toward national politics.
Any thoughts?

Charles Long - 11/9/2008 3:49:12 PM


I have plenty to do to "get my house in order." I'll focus on that tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. Thank you, Mr. Long.

No comments: