Friday, August 24, 2007

Thank You, Lord!


Last week my mom met my son and I at a lake near her place. My mom and I walked around the lake, sat in camp chairs I toted along, and watched the sunset while my son fished on the opposite shore.

Our son has been wanting to catch a carp for a couple of years. He's been trying very earnestly at this particular lake several times this summer. Well, he finally caught one! You should have seen his face when he brought that carp to me. He walked halfway around the lake just to proudly show it off. Then he gently rocked the fish in the water to send it back into its home.

What a view! My contented (and appreciative) mom, the lake, the trees, the mountains, the sunset, and a beaming thirteen-year-old angler.

Simple pleasures.

Thank you, Lord.

(photo taken at the lake in a previous autumn)

No comments: